"All art is quite useless" - Oscar Wilde
RSS

May 15, 2011

Skirt Alert

I wanted to post some pictures of my skirts for ages now, but somehow I forgot to... Anyway, here are my two latest pieces, very very simple, and no tutorial. However, it's very easy to figure them out for yourself.



The first one I made last autumn or winter. It's a very soft and thick cotton skirt and I have to admit it's my favourite since the first time I wore it. And the pattern is lovely, though I wasn't sure about that back when I bought it.



Sorry for the bad image quality ^^;

As you can see in the picture below it's simply a square to which I attached two trapezes (no rectangles because of the slanted hip line).
Finally I just added a zipper. Done!



The second one is a double-layered skirt made of creme-coloured cotton with a lovely flower or rose print on it. The underlying layer is made of creme-coloured IKEA cotton fabric. It's nice because it's robust and cheap, but I won't use it again for a visible layer because it crinkles heavily and I hate to iron my clothes. Such a waste of time...



It's really just 4 trapezes again (two for each layer) with a zipper at one side and one layer being, obviously, longer than the other one.



Love the pattern!

That's it :'D More to come? We'll see. The next weeks I'll be busy working on the axolotl tutorial and on sewing my very first quilt. The fabric I've bought so far already makes me despair. Lot of fun ahead!

2 comments:

Glittermuffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glittermuffin said...

I had the feeling you'd made those two. Nice ;D

Post a Comment