"All art is quite useless" - Oscar Wilde
RSS

May 15, 2011

Steampunk Clock

Sometimes I create things that simply turn out to look crappy when I'm done. I usually throw them away. This time I created something that didn't work. I decided to post it anyway because it still looks pretty, which makes it even worse because it's useless :/



This was supposed to be a birthday gift for a friend, and it worked fine until I decided to disassemble it...

The watch was a giveaway, but it has a Quartz clockwork, so I thought it would be rather long-living.



 I bought some nice steampunk-themed paperr, took off the clockhand and started to decorate the watch. Really very easy, nothing elaborate. Afterwards I drew the 3, 6, 9 and 12 onto it.
 Then I bought a new set of clockhands and added them.
I put the battery back in and that's where it stopped working.



I don't know what went wrong, it worked perfectly before that. Maybe some of the glue got into the clockwork but I don't think that's possible. Anyway, it's broken and makes for nothing more than decoration now.



Well, I guess things like that just happen.


I eventually decided to hang it on my wall anyway since it's too pretty to gather dust in some corner :D Also, it goes well with my Mucha posters.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, how cool. you did great!
And dont bother yourself cause its broken, see it as "exersise" for future clocks.
Have to do to with my mucha-art papers <3

janine

Glittermuffin said...

Baww, still soooo pretty :DDD

Isabelle Gloria said...

Vielen Dank für deinen lieben Kommentar :)

Post a Comment